Saturday, April 14, 2012

p52-Week 15

Project 52-Week 15
"Sacrifice"
My Vegan Experiment

I lived a Vegan lifestyle this Lenten season. It was maybe the longest 40+ (who's in charge of the CALENDAR?? EASTER was LATE!!) days of my life. But, on the upside-it really was a true sacrifice. I'm normally a big fan of "fad diets"--ask my parents or in-laws. When the kids and I stayed with them last year during deployment, I think I tried about 5 or 6 fad diets. I don't even know why I like them-maybe the challenge? Either way, it's ridiculous. Exercise and healthy eating should do the trick. So, I didn't think this Vegan thing would be all that bad. And honestly, the no meat thing was okay. It was the lack of dairy, namely cheese, that killed me. But--I did feel great, my skin was flawless, and when I would start my workouts there was no sluggish feeling of burning off that initial goo from the pizza we had last night. The real lessons will come now that I'm introducing things back into my diet and tracking how they make me feel. So far, so good--but I've been easy on the dairy and had very few meats. Not sure I could live an entirely Vegan life forever, but I did it for Lent and learned a lot along the way!

this was something I really craved during Lent, a burger!!...I still haven't eaten it. It makes me a little sick to think of eating it now!

1 comment:

  1. The story of Daniel in the Bible is a great testament for eating a vegan diet! And 40 days! wow! We thought Kris' 21-day cleanse was long enough! And he got to eat lean meat on day 11! Congrats! He shed 15 lbs and I cut about 3, I bet you did too!

    ReplyDelete