Sunday, July 14, 2013

Awesome Swimmers!


I left for the day to run errands and Garrett took the kids to the YMCA to swim. They aren't allowed to go down the big slide there unless they pass the swim test. I've been wanting them to take it for awhile but have been putting it off because I didn't think they'd be able to pass it, mostly Grace. They are really great swimmers and always have been. This was the first year they have taken actual swim lessons and it REALLY paid off! Garrett had them take the test on a whim and they PASSED!! BOTH OF THEM! 25 yard swim the length of the pool and 30 seconds of treading water. My 3 year old!!! When I got home and saw them swimming in our little pool with their necklaces on, I screamed! I'm beyond proud of them and feel so blessed to have such great swimmers!! People are always asking what I did with them to make them so comfortable in the water and it was really just getting them in early (both kids were in the water with me or my mom well before a year old) and being consistent with going under with them, and letting them try things on their own. SO PROUD OF THEM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment